Abiraterone Acetate Tablets
Healthiza is counted as a leading Abiraterone Acetate Tablets supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering the best quality pharmaceutical medicine with fast and secure global shipping.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Abiraterone Acetate
Content Abiraterone Acetate (250mg)
Therapeutic Use To treat prostate cancer
What are Abiraterone Acetate Tablets?Abiraterone Acetate Tablets are used with steroid medicine (prednisone or methylprednisolone) to treat prostate cancer that has progressed to other parts of the body. It is prescribed for men who are unable to treat their prostate cancer with surgeries or other medications. Abiraterone acts by inhibiting the production of androgen in the body. Androgens are man hormones that can encourage prostate gland tumour growth.
How Does It Work?Abiraterone Acetate Tablets are a cancer-fighting drug. It works by suppressing the generation of androgen (male hormone) in men. This is accomplished by blocking CYP17, an enzyme involved in the synthesis of androgen. This is how prostate cancer progresses and is slowed.
How To Use - Abiraterone Acetate Tablets
- Abiraterone Acetate Tablets are normally used once a day, along with a steroid once or twice a day.
- With the a cup of water, take this medicine.
- Take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. You should not consume anything again for at least two hours before or after taking it.
- Do not break, crush or chew the tablet; it should be swallowed whole.
- Blood pressure will also need to be checked frequently, and blood tests may be required. If you have diabetes, you should monitor your blood sugar closely, especially if you're taking pioglitazone or repaglinide.
- Store cool and dry place and heat at room temperature.
Side Effects of Abiraterone AcetateIf you exhibit symptoms of an allergic response to abiraterone, get immediate medical attention: Hives; breathing difficulties; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat The following are some of the common abiraterone side effects:
- A sensation of Exhaustion or Weakness;
- Feeling heated
- High blood pressure
- The increasing level of blood sugar
- Swells in the legs
- Anaemia, potassium deficiency in the blood
- Abnormal Blood Test
- Swelling or discomfort in the joints
- Symptoms of a cold include a stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, and a sore throat.
Some Tips For Abiraterone
- Prostate cancer which has expanded to other body parts is treated with abiraterone acetate.
- To decrease undesired side effects, it is commonly used with another medication called prednisolone.
- It must be taken first thing in the morning over an empty stomach. For at least two hours before and 60 minutes after your dose, don't eat anything.
- Before swallowing, should not crush, break, or chew the tablet. With the glass of water, swallow it whole.
- While taking this medication, utilise effective birth control to avoid becoming pregnant.
- During your therapy with this prescription, your doctor may check your liver function, blood pressure, & potassium levels in your blood on a frequent basis.
- Can Abiraterone Acetate tablets be used to treat prostate cancer?
- Abiraterone Acetate cannot cure cancer, but it does help patients live longer and better lives. In addition, when prostate cancer is cured with Abiraterone Acetate, the risk of fractures is reduced.
- Is Abiraterone a drug? Is acetate used in chemotherapy?
- Abiraterone Acetate is not a chemotherapy medicine, but rather a hormonal therapeutic. It's used to treat cancer that has progressed to other places of the body in adult men.
- What is the purpose of abiraterone therapy?
- Abiraterone prevents the formation of testosterone as well as other androgens, which promote the growth of prostate cancer cells. Androgen is inhibited by abiraterone in three places: the testes, the adrenal glands, and the tumour itself.
Abiraterone Acetate Tablets SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Abiraterone Acetate Tablets supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.