Healthiza is counted as a leading Afatinib Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering the best quality pharmaceutical medicine with fast and secure global shipping.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Afatinib Tablets
Content Afatinib dimaleate (40mg)
Pack 1x7 Tablets
Therapeutic Use Non-small cell lung cancer
What is Afatinib Tablet?Afatinib tablet is a drug that is used to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that has progressed to neighboring tissues or other sections of the body. It's used to treat adult individuals with specific EGFR mutations. It belongs to the kinase inhibitor class of drugs. Afatinib acts by inhibiting the function of a naturally occurring chemical that may be required for cancer cell development.
How to Use Afatinib
- Afatinib is available as a tablet that must be swallowed. It's normally taken once a day, on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. It should be taken at the same time each day.
- If you have major Afatinib side effects, your doctor may reduce or discontinue your therapy temporarily or permanently. Discuss your feelings with your doctor during your treatment.
- Even if you feel fine, keep taking afatinib tablet. Do not discontinue taking afatinib without first consulting your doctor.
Afatinib Tablet - How It WorksAfatinib is a cancer-fighting drug. It acts by attaching to and blocking the enzyme receptors that control cancer cell development (EGFR, HER2, and HER4). As a result, interface of the system are being significantly inhibited. This is how cancer can be stopped or slowed down.
Precautions for AfatinibBefore taking Afatinib Tablet,
- If you have an allergy to afatinib, any other drugs, or any of the substances in afatinib tablet, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and nutraceuticals you're taking or planning to take. Make a point of mentioning one or more of the following: amiodarone; certain antifungal medications like itraconazole and ketoconazole; cyclosporine; erythromycin; certain HIV medications like nelfinavir, ritonavir, and saquinavir. Make sure to notify doctor about all of your prescriptions.
- Tell your doctor if you're taking any herbal supplements.
- If you have or have ever had lung or breathing difficulties, eye problems, particularly dry eyes, heart problems, liver or kidney disease, or any other medical condition, notify your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or plan for becoming pregnant, notify your doctor. While taking afatinib tablet, you should avoid getting pregnant. Afatinib has the potential to harm the foetus.
- If you're breastfeeding, let your doctor know. You should not breastfeed while using this medication.
Afatinib Tablet - Side Effects
- Mouth sores, pain/redness/swelling of the lips, dry/itchy skin, acne, nose bleeds, runny noses, nausea/vomiting, and loss of appetite are all possible side effects. Tell your doctor right away if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Diarrhea is a common adverse effect of several medications. Lower your risk of dehydration by drinking plenty of fluids as advised by your doctor. To treat your symptoms, your doctor may give anti-diarrhea medicine (such as loperamide).
- If you experience any serious side effects, such as vision changes, eye redness/pain, signs of low potassium in the blood, signs of bladder infection, or indications of skin infection around nails/toenails. contact your doctor right away.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, seek medical treatment right once.
- Consult a doctor if you have any other side effects not listed above.
Some Tips for Afatinib
- Afatinib has been indicated for the treatment of a specific kind of lung cancer (non-small cell lung cancer).
- Afatinib tablet should be taken with or without food at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Afatinib can cause your skin sun sensitive. Spend as little time as possible in the sun. If you must be exposed to the sun, use sunscreen and wear protective gear.
- Redness, rash, and acne are all side effects of afatinib. As soon as you discover skin reactions, get therapy.
- Prevent pregnancy while taking this prescription and for a month after you discontinue using it by using a reliable contraceptive technique.
- While using this drug, keep a close eye on your blood pressure. If you experience problems of very high blood pressure, such as severe headaches, confusion, vision problems, nausea, or vomiting, contact your doctor.
Afatinib Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Afatinib Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.