Artemether & Lumefantrine DT (20 + 120 mg)
We are actively engaged as Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet
Content Artemether (20mg) + Lumefantrine (120mg)
Therapeutic Use Treatment of Malaria
What is Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet?Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet is used in the treatment of certain types of malaria infections (which is spread by mosquitoes in some parts of the world and can also cause death). Antimalarials, such as artemether and lumefantrine, belong to a group of drugs known as antimalarials. It kills the parasitic germs that cause malaria.
How To Use
- Artemether and lumefantrine combination tablet should be taken by mouth. It's normally given twice a day for three days, as per your doctor's instructions. It should always be taken with food. Contact your doctor if you are unable to eat. Carefully follow the advice on your medication label.
- If the tablets are difficult to take, break them and combine them with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water in a clean container. Drink the mixture as soon as possible.
- It's possible that you'll vomit shortly after taking the drug. You should take another complete dose of it if you vomit again within 1 to 2 hours after taking Artemether & Lumefentrine Dispersible Tablet.
- During the first several days of therapy with medication, you should start to feel better. Call your doctor if your conditions do not improve or worsen. If you get a fever, chills, pain, or headache after finishing your therapy, contact your doctor immediately.
- Even if you feel better, keep taking artemether and lumefantrine until the prescription is finished. Your illness may not be entirely treated if you stop consuming it or skip doses, and the germs may become resistant to anti malarials.
How it WorksThe artemether & lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet is a malaria treatment that combines two antiparasitic medications. These drugs function by raising blood levels of haeme, a chemical that is poisonous to the malaria parasite. The parasite is killed, and the infection is prevented from spreading.
Precaution - Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet
- If you have an allergy to any, other drugs, or any of the substances in artemether and lumefantrine tablets.
- If you're taking carbamazepine, phenytoin, or rifampin, tell your doctor. If you are receiving one or more of these medications, your doctor will likely tell you not to take artemether or lumefantrine.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a slow, rapid, or abnormal heartbeat; a current heart attack; a low number of magnesium or potassium in your blood; or renal, heart, or liver illness.
- Inform your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use.
- It's important to be aware that it can reduce the efficacy of contraceptives (such as birth control pills, implants, and injections). Consult your doctor about birth control options that will work best for you while on Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet.
Side Effects for Artemether and Lumefantrine
- The majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're concerned about them, see your doctor.
- It is possible to experience headaches, dizziness, reduced appetite, weakness, fever, chills, weariness, muscle or joint pain, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, cough, and difficulty sleeping. Inform Tell your doctor immediately if any of these symptoms persists after you stop taking the drug or if they get worse while you're on it.
- Remember that your doctor provided Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you experience any of the following rare but significant adverse effects: chest pain, serious dizziness, fainting, or a irregular heartbeat, seek medical help immediately.
- This isn't a complete list of potential adverse effects. Contact your doctor if you experience any other side effects not listed above.
Some Tips For Medication
- Artemether and Lumefantrine have been used in the treatment of acute severe malaria that is resistant to traditional antimalarial drugs like chloroquine.
- To lessen your chances of being attacked by mosquito, follow these tips:
- When you're outside after sundown, dress in light-colored, covered apparel.
- On regions of your body that aren't covered by clothing, apply insect repellent creams or sprays.
- Spray to eliminate any mosquitoes that have made their way inside rooms despite the coverings.
- Even though you start feeling better, stick to the specified course. Stopping it too soon may cause the infection to return and become more difficult to cure.
- It should be consumed with high-fat foods or beverages, such as milk.
- It can make you feel tired and dizzy. When driving and doing something that demands focus, be cautious.
- Take another dosage if you vomit within 60 minutes of consuming the tablets.
- If you have renal, liver, or heart issues, tell your doctor.
Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Artemether & Lumefantrine Dispersible Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.