Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg
Healthiza is counted as a leading Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering the best quality pharmaceutical medicine with fast and secure global shipping.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Atorvastatin 10
Content Atorvastatin (10mg)
Therapeutic Use To treat High cholesterol & Prevention of Heart attack
What is Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg?Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg is used in conjunction with diet, weight management, and exercise to lower the heart attack risk and stroke, as well as the necessity for heart surgery in persons who have heart problems or are at risk of a heart attack. Atorvastatin is also used to lower levels of fatty substances in the blood, such as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides while increasing levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol ('good cholesterol'). It works by reducing the level of cholesterol that can build up on the walls of arteries and obstruct the blood supply to the heart, brain, and other organs of the body by inhibiting the creation of cholesterol in the body.
How to Use Atorvastatin
- Atorvastatin is available as a tablet that must be swallowed. It's taken once a day, both with and without food. It should be taken at the same time each day. Carefully follow the advice on your medication label.
- Take Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg precisely as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use more or less of it, or take it more frequently than your doctor has suggested.
- Your doctor may put you on a small dose of atorvastatin and gradually raise it over the course of 2 to 4 weeks.
- Even though you feel fine, keep taking atorvastatin. Do not discontinue taking atorvastatin without first consulting your doctor.
Precaution - Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg
- If you have an allergy to atorvastatin, any other drugs, or any of the substances in atorvastatin tablets, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and OTC medications, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use.
- If you do have liver disease, notify your doctor. Even if you don't think you have liver disease, your doctor will request laboratory testing on how well your liver is functioning.
- If you consume more than two alcoholic beverages per day, are 65 or older, or have or have previously had muscle pains or weakness, diabetes, low blood pressure, or thyroid or kidney problems, consult your doctor.
- Whether you are pregnant or expect to become pregnant, notify your doctor. It is not recommended that you become pregnant while taking Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg. Consult your doctor regarding birth control options you can take while undergoing therapy. When you become pregnant while using atorvastatin, you should stop taking it and contact your doctor.
- You should not breastfeed while using this medicine.
How it WorksAtorvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering drug (statin). It acts by preventing an enzyme called HMG-CoA-reductase, which is necessary for the body to produce cholesterol. As a result, it lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides while increasing "good" cholesterol levels (HDL).
Side Effects for Atorvastatin
- Remember that your doctor provided Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- A small percentage of patients receiving atorvastatin may have moderate memory loss or confusion. Consult your doctor if any of these uncommon side effects develop.
- This medication may cause muscular difficulties in certain people.
- If you experience any problems during treatment, or if they develop after your doctor has stopped giving you this medication, call your doctor straight away
- Rarely, this medicine can cause liver problems. Tell your doctor straight away if you experience any of the following rare but severe side effects:
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, such as a rash, itching/swelling, major dizziness, or difficulty breathing, seek medical help immediately.
- Contact your doctor if you experience any other side effects not listed above.
Some Tips for Atorvastatin Tablet
- Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg is a drug that is considered to be safe. It may induce diarrhoea, flatulence, or stomach discomfort. Use it with food if any of these things happen to you.
- If you have fatigue, muscle weakness, or muscle pain, tell your doctor.
- Your doctor may perform a liver function test before you begin therapy and on a regular basis afterwards. If you detect symptoms of liver disease, such as stomach aches, unusually dark urine, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, contact your doctor immediately.
- Before beginning treatment with this medicine, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or diabetes. If you have diabetes, keep a close eye on your blood sugar levels because Atorvastatin can cause blood sugar levels to rise.
- If you are expecting pregnancy, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding, avoid using Atorvastatin.
Atorvastatin Tablet 10 mg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Atorvastatine Tablet 10 mg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.