Healthiza is counted as a leading Dactinomycin Injection supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering the best quality pharmaceutical medicine with fast and secure global shipping.
Pharmaceutical form Injection
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Dactinomycin Injection
Content Dactinomycin (0.5mg)
Therapeutic Use Treatment of adult and pediatric patients with metastatic, nonseminomatous testicular cancer
What is Dactinomycin Injection?Dactinomycin injection is used in combination with other medicines and surgery in the treatment of Wilms' tumor (type of kidney cancer that occurs in children) and rhabdomyosarcoma (cancer that forms in muscles in children), Ewing's sarcoma (type of cancer in bones or muscles), gestational trophoblastic tumors (type of tumor that forms inside a woman's uterus while she is pregnant). It is also used in the treatment of testicular cancer as well as cancerous tumors that are located in a specific area of the body. Dactinomycin is an antibiotic which is only used in the treatment of cancer. It works by reducing or preventing cancer cell development in the body.
Dactinomycin Injection - How To Use
- Dactinomycin is available as a powder that must be combined with a liquid before being injected intravenously (into a vein) by a healthcare professional in a medical establishment. Treatment duration is determined by the type of cancer you have, the additional drugs you are receiving, and how well your body reacts to treatment.
- Dactinomycin injection is also used to treat a specific type of ovarian cancer (a cancer in the female reproductive organs where eggs are formed).
How It worksDactinomycin injection is a cancer-fighting drug. It acts by destroying the cancer cells' genetic material (DNA), preventing their growth and reproduction.
Dactinomycin Injection - PrecautionsBefore taking Dactinomycin
- If you have an allergy to dactinomycin, any other drugs, or any of the components in dactinomycin injection, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutritional supplements, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use.
- If you have chickenpox or herpes zoster, tell your doctor (shingles). Dactinomycin injection is probably not to be recommended by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor whether you've had radiation therapy before or if you're getting it now.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. While taking dactinomycin, you should avoid getting pregnant or breastfeeding. Call your doctor when you become pregnant while taking dactinomycin. The foetus may be harmed by dactinomycin.
- Don't get any vaccines without first consulting your doctor.
Side Effects of Dactinomycin Injection
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea are all possible side effects. Nausea and vomiting can be quite miserable. Your doctor may recommend medicine to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting in specific circumstances.
- Another typical adverse effect is temporary hair loss. After the procedure, normal hair growth should resume.
- Many people who use this medicine may experience severe negative effects. You were provided this prescription, however, because your doctor determined that the advantage to you exceeds the danger of side effects.
- It's possible that you'll experience pain or sores in your mouth and throat. Brush your teeth softly and carefully, avoid mouthwash that contains alcohol, and rinsing your mouth with cool water combined with baking soda or salt on a regular basis. Soft, wet foods may also be beneficial.
- If you have any serious side effects, such as unusual weight gain, evidence of liver problems, or signs of renal problems, contact your doctor right away.
- This medicine reduces bone marrow function, which can result in a reduction in blood cells such red cells, white cells, and platelets. This consequence can result in anemia, a reduction in your body fights infection, or easy bruising and bleeding. If you experience any of the following unusual symptoms, contact your doctor right away.
- Dactinomycin can sometimes induce a major skin irritation that looks like a bad sunburn when taken after radiation treatment. The reaction usually appears days to months following radiation treatment on the skin area that was previously treated.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, such as a rash, itching/swelling, extreme dizziness, or problems breathing, seek medical treatment right away.
- Contact your doctor if you experience any other side effects not listed above.
Some Tips for Dactinomycin
- Dactinomycin injection is administered as an intravenous injection only under the guidance of a physician.
- Do not miss any doses and follow your doctor's instructions to the letter.
- To avoid getting pregnant while using this drug, use an effective birth control technique.
- During treatment, blood tests may be required to check your blood cells, platelet count, liver function, and kidney function.
- If you observe unusual bruising or bleeding, or if you have dark, or bloody stools or dark urine, call your doctor right away.
Dactinomycin Injection SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Dactinomycin Injection supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.