We are one of the leading Epirubicin Injection supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering only the best quality medicine with complete support globally.
Pharmaceutical form Injection
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Epirubicin Injection
Content Epirubicin (50mg)
Therapeutic Use Helps to treat certain kinds of cancer
What is Epirubicin Injection?Epirubicin is a medicine that is used in conjunction with other drugs in the treatment of breast cancer in people who have had the tumour surgically removed. Epirubicin belongs to the anthracycline family of drugs. It works by reducing or preventing cancer cell development in the body.
Epirubicin Injection UseEpirubicin is a liquid solution that is administered intravenously (into a vein) by a doctor in a hospital along with other chemotherapy drugs. It can be administered once every 3 weeks for six cycles of treatment or twice every 28 days (on days 1 and 8) for six cycles of treatment.
How Epirubicin WorksEpirubicin injection is a cancer-fighting drug. It acts by blocking the activity of topoisomerase II, an enzyme engaged in breast cancer cell DNA reproduction. It also produces dangerous molecules (free radicals) that damage DNA. Breast cancer cells develop slowly and eventually die as a result of this treatment.
Epirubicin Injection PrecautionsBefore receiving an Epirubicin Injection,
- If you are sensitive to epirubicin, daunorubicin, doxorubicin, idarubicin, or any of the substances in epirubicin injection, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use. Your doctor will need to modify your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for negative effects. Other medications may interfere with epirubicin, so make sure to notify your doctor about all of your current prescriptions.
- Tell your doctor if you've had radiation therapy in the past or if you have or ever had liver or renal disease.
- Epirubicin Injection has the potential to disrupt a woman's natural menstrual cycle (period) and reduce sperm production in men. You should not, however, presume that you will be unable to conceive or that you will be unable to conceive someone else. Women who get pregnant or breastfeeding should inform their doctors before starting this medication. While having an epirubicin injection, you do not become pregnant or breastfeed. Call your doctor when you become pregnant when taking epirubicin injection. Consult your doctor regarding birth control options while you're undergoing treatment. The foetus may be harmed by epirubicin.
Epirubicin Injection Side Effects
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, flushing, or changes in skin or nail colour are all possible side effects. Nausea and vomiting can be quite uncomfortable. Your doctor may recommend medicine to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting in specific circumstances. Some of these effects can be minimized by eating multiple small meals throughout the day, not eating before therapy, or restricting activity. Tell your doctor immediately if these side effects continue or worsen.
- Your urine may become a reddish tint as a result of this drug. This is a common, harmless side effect of the medication that normally goes away within two days of every dose and should not be confused with blood in your urine.
- A typical side effect is temporary hair loss. After the procedure, normal hair growth should resume.
- Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- Menstrual changes and unexpected bleeding/bruising (little red patches on the skin, black/bloody stools, bloody urine, vomit that looks like coffee grounds) should all be reported to your doctor immediately once.
- Due to the faster killing of cancer cells, epirubicin injection might induce negative effects (tumour lysis syndrome). Your doctor may prescribe medicine and advise you to drink plenty of water to reduce your risk. If you have symptoms like low back/side discomfort (flank pain), evidence of renal problems (painful urination, pink/bloody urine, change in the volume of urine), or muscular spasms/weakness, call your doctor immediately.
- If you experience any really significant side effects, such as chest pain, blood in your cough, or abrupt pain/swelling/redness in your leg, seek medical treatment right away.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any of the following conditions of significant allergic response, seek medical attention straight away: itching/swelling, rash
- This isn't a full list of potential adverse effects. Contact your doctor if you experience any other side effects not listed above.
Epirubicin Injection - Tips For Use
- Epirubicin is a drug that can be used alone or in conjunction with other drugs to treat a variety of malignancies.
- A doctor administers it through a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion).
- It may make you sleepy or fatigued. Do not drive or engage in any activity that needs the ability to focus until you have a better understanding of how it impacts you.
- Prevent pregnancy while taking this prescription and for 6 months after you stop using it by using an effective contraceptive technique.
- During treatment with this medicine, your doctor may order regular blood tests to examine your blood cells, liver, and heart function.
Epirubicin Injection SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Epirubicin Injection supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.