We are one of the leading Flutamide Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering only the best quality medicine with complete support globally.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Flutamide Tablet
Content Flutamide (250mg)
Pack 3x10 Tablets
Therapeutic Use Prostate cancer
What is Flutamide Tablet?In the treatment of certain kinds of prostate cancer, flutamide tablet is used with a luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist (LHRH; a type of hormonal injection such as leuprolide, goserelin, or triptorelin). Flutamide belongs to the nonsteroidal antiandrogens class of drugs. It works by preventing cancer cells from growing and spreading by stopping the production of androgen (a male hormone).
How to Use Flutamide Tablet?Flutamide is available as a tablet to be swallowed. It is normally taken every 8 hours with or without food (three times a day.) Flutamide should be taken at the same time each day. Take the flutamide tablet exactly as advised, according to the instructions on your prescription package. Do not use more or less of it, or take it more frequently than your doctor has suggested. Even if you feel fine, keep taking flutamide tablet along with LHRH agonist medication. Skipping medicine without consulting your doctor is not a fine decision.
Flutamide Tablet - BenefitsIn Prostate cancer In males, the prostate gland is a little walnut-sized gland that generates seminal fluid, which nourishes and transports sperm. The most common sign of prostate cancer is trouble urinating, however it can also occur without any symptoms. Flutamide Tablet slows or inhibits the growth of cancer cells in men by lowering testosterone levels (a natural hormone in guys). This also makes it easier to urinate by easing the difficulties in passing urine.
Flutamide Tablet - PrecautionsBefore taking flutamide,
- If you are sensitive to flutamide or any other medicines, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Anticoagulants ("blood thinners") such as warfarin should be mentioned.
- If you smoke, and you have or have ever had any genetic blood illnesses such glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficient or hemoglobin M disease, tell your doctor.
- It's important to note that the flutamide tablet is solely for guys. Flutamide can affect the foetus if used by pregnant women. Flutamide should not be taken by women who are pregnant or may become pregnant. Call your doctor if you're taking flutamide while pregnant.
- Inquire with your doctor about the safe consumption of alcoholic beverages while taking a flutamide tablet. Flutamide can produce facial flushing, which can be exacerbated by drinking alcohol.
Side Effects of Flutamide Tablet
- The majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're concerned about them, see your doctor.
- Because flutamide tablet is frequently used with other drugs, the other medicines or their composition may be to blame for the side effects. Male breast enlargement, hot flushes, lack of sexual interest/ability, diarrhoea, nausea and vomit are all possible side effects. Drowsiness is a less prevalent adverse effect. Consult your doctor right away if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Diarrhea is a possible side effect of several medicines. Minimize your chances of dehydration by drinking plenty of water as advised by your doctor. Reduce dairy products, boost whole grains/vegetables/fruit, and avoid laxatives if possible. To treat your symptoms, your doctor may give anti-diarrhea medicine (such as loperamide). If you have severe or persistent diarrhoea or signs of dehydration, call your doctor straight once (such as dizziness, decreased urination).
- Flutamide tablets may cause your urine to turn a light orange-brown or yellow-green colour. This isn't dangerous. Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you experience any of the following uncommon but serious side effects: mental/mood changes (such as depression, anxiety, or nervousness), a chest lump, confusion, sudden severe fatigue, lack of strength, pale skin, bluish fingernails/lips/skin, rapid heartbeat, or feeling short of breath at rest, contact your doctor right away.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you observe any indications of a significant allergic reaction, seek medical help right once. This isn't a full list of potential negative effects. Contact your doctor if you experience any other side effects not listed above.
Flutamide Tablet - Some Tips For Use
- Flutamide Tablet has been recommended in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Use it with or without food, and at the same time each day if possible.
- If you don't know how Flutamide Tablet affects you, don't drive or do anything else that requires attention.
- It could make your skin more susceptible to light. When you're outside, stay out of direct sunlight and wear sunscreen.
- If you have diabetes, keep track of your blood sugar levels while using Flutamide Tablet.
- While taking this prescription, your doctor may need you to have regular tests to evaluate your liver function. If you observe yellowing of the eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain, call your doctor.
- Do not avoid taking your prescription without first consulting your doctor.
Flutamide Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Flutamide Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Before taking it, tell your doctor if have diabetes, liver, or kidney problems or are taking any medicines to treat infections. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your doctor know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. It may harm your baby. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy. You may be asked for regular monitoring of blood glucose levels while on treatment.