We are actively engaged as Lamivudine Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Lamivudine Tablet
Content Lamivudine (100mg)
Therapeutic Use Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
What is Lamivudine Tablet?Lamivudine tablet is used in the treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) disease in adults and children aged 3 months and up. Hepatitis B infection is also treated with lamivudine. Lamivudine belongs to a group of drugs known as nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). It works by lowering HIV and hepatitis B levels in the blood. These drugs, together with safer sex practices and other lifestyle modifications, may reduce the risk of infecting or transmitting the HIV or hepatitis B infection to others.
How To Use
- Lamivudine is available as a tablet and a liquid for oral use. Lamivudine is taken once or twice daily, with or without food. Lamivudine is given once a day in most cases. Follow the advice on your prescription package properly,
- Lamivudine manages but does not cure HIV and hepatitis B infection. Even if you feel healthy, keep taking the lamivudine tablet. As advised by your doctor, use an effective contraceptive method (latex or polyurethane condoms) while sexual activity.
- Do not exchange personal objects that have come into contact with blood or other bodily fluids (such as needles/syringes, toothbrushes, and razors).
- Do not discontinue taking lamivudine without first consulting your doctor. Your disease may become more difficult to manage if you miss doses or stop taking lamivudine tablet.
Precaution for Lamivudine
- If you are allergic to lamivudine or any of the substances in lamivudine tablet inform your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use.
- If you have or have previously had a hepatitis C virus infection, or any other liver, kidney, or pancreas problems, notify your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant while taking lamivudine. If you have HIV or are taking lamivudine, you should not feed your baby.
- You should be aware that when taking HIV drugs, your immune system may become stronger and start to fight other viruses already present in your body. It's possible that you'll develop symptoms of those ailments as a result of this.
- If you have diabetes, you should be aware that each tablespoon of lamivudine solution contains 3 grammes of sugar.
Lamivudine Tablet - Side Effects
- Headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea, or difficulty sleeping are all possible side effects. Notify your doctor right once if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you develop any of the following serious symptoms, seek medical help right away such as rapid breathing, drowsiness, nausea/vomiting.
- If any of these rare but dangerous side effects develop, contact your doctor right away such as sadness, stomach/back discomfort with nausea.
- Lamivudine Tablet rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, such as a rash, itching/swelling, extreme dizziness, or problems breathing, seek medical treatment right away.
- Consult the doctor if you have any other side effects not listed above.
Some Tips For Lamivudine
- Lamivudine is a drug that is used to treat chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- It is used to treat HIV infections in conjunction with other medications.
- Use it with food to improve the medicine's absorption into the body.
- Lamivudine tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything else that requires attention.
- While taking this medication, you may still acquire infections or other symptoms related to viral infection.
- You can also infect others with HIV or HBV. Don't exchange needles or other personal objects that could contain blood or bodily fluids.
- Regular blood tests are required to monitor blood cells and liver function during treatment and for six months after discontinuing this medication.
Lamivudine Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Lamivudine Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.