Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg
We are actively engaged as Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Levofloxacin Tablets
Content Levofloxacin (250mg)
Therapeutic Use Treatment of Bacterial infections
What is Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg?Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg is used in the treatment of infections in the lungs, kidneys, prostate (male reproductive gland), and skin. Levofloxacin is used in the treatment and prevention of plague (a deadly sickness that can be disseminated on intention as part of a bioterror attack) in people who have been exposed to anthrax bacteria in the air. It can also be used in the treatment of bronchitis, sinus infections, and urinary tract infections, although it should be avoided if there are better treatment choices for bronchitis and certain forms of urinary tract infections. Levofloxacin belongs to the fluoroquinolone antibiotic class. It works by eradicating infection-causing germs.
How To Use Levofloxacin
- Levofloxacin is available as a tablet and a liquid for oral use. It's normally just taken once each day. Your treatment time will be determined by the sort of illness you have.
- The length of time you should take levofloxacin will be determined by your doctor. It is possible to take the tablet both with and without food. Every day, around the same time, take levofloxacin.
- During the first several days of levofloxacin medication, you should start to feel better. Call your doctor if your conditions do not improve or if they get worsen.
- Even though you feel better, keep taking Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg until the prescription is finished. Do not discontinue taking levofloxacin without first consulting your doctor. Your infection may not be entirely treated if you stop consuming levofloxacin too soon or skip doses, and the bacteria can also become resistant to medicines.
Precaution - Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin, any other quinolone or fluoroquinolone antibiotic, such as ciprofloxacin, delafloxacin, gemifloxacin, moxifloxacin, or ofloxacin, or any other medications, tell your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use. Your doctor will need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for side effects.
- If you have a pregnancy, planning for pregnancy, or are breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant while getting levofloxacin.
- If you're taking aluminium hydroxide or magnesium hydroxide antacids, or certain drugs like didanosine solution, sucralfate, or iron or zinc-containing vitamin or mineral supplements, wait at least 2 hours before or after you use levofloxacin.
- If you have an abnormal heartbeat, a prior heart attack, an aortic aneurysm (swelling of the big artery that transports blood from the heart to the body), high blood pressure, or peripheral vascular disease, tell your doctor (it causes poor circulation in the blood vessels)
- If you have a low potassium or magnesium level in your blood, you should seek medical attention. Also inform your doctor if you currently have or have previously had diabetes, low blood sugar, or liver illness.
- Do not drive a vehicle, operate heavy machinery, or engage in tasks that require attention or concentration until you have a better understanding of how Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg affects you.
- Wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen to minimise unnecessary or extended exposure to sunlight or UV light (tanning beds and sunlamps). Your skin may become more sensitive to the sun or ultraviolet light if you use levofloxacin.
Benefits of Levofloxacin Tablet
In Bacterial Infections Treatment
- Levofloxacin Tablet is an antibiotic medication that can be used to treat a variety of bacterial illnesses. Adults and children can get infections in the ear, nose, throat, lungs, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissues. It works by destroying and blocking the bacteria that is causing the infection from growing.
- This drug usually works immediately to make you feel better. Even if you feel better, you should continue using it for as long as it is advised to ensure that all germs are eliminated and that resistance does not develop.
Side Effects of LevofloxacinThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- Nausea, diarrhoea, headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness, and difficulty sleeping are all possible side effects. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you experience any serious side effects, such as unusual bleeding, signs of kidney problems, or signs of liver problems (such as nausea/vomiting that won't stop, lack of appetite, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, or dark urine), contact your doctor immediately.
- If you experience any of the following extremely serious side effects such as chest pain, severe dizziness, fainting, rapid heartbeat, or indications of a break in the main blood vessel known as the aorta, seek medical attention immediately.
Some Tips for Levofloxacin Tablet
- Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg has been given by your doctor to treat your infection and reduce your symptoms.
- Even though you feel better, do not miss any doses and complete the entire course of treatment.
- If you develop a rash, itchy skin, or inflammation of the face stop taking the levofloxacin and contact your doctor.
- Diarrhoea may develop as a side effect, but it should subside once your treatment is over. If it doesn't go away or if you notice blood in your stool, contact your doctor.
- If you get tendon pain, numbness, or tingling, call your doctor immediately.
- If you have a pregnancy, planning to conceive, or are breastfeeding, tell your doctor.
Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Levofloxacin Tablet 250 mg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.