Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg
We are actively engaged as Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Levothyroxin Tab
Content Thyroxine (100mcg)
Therapeutic Use Treatment of Hypothyroidism
What is Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg?Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg is used in the treatment of hypothyroidism (situation where the thyroid gland does not make sufficient thyroid hormone). Thyroid cancer is also treated with surgery and radioactive iodine therapy. Levothyroxine is in a class of medications called hormones. It works by changing the thyroid hormone that the body typically produces. Your body cannot function correctly without thyroid hormone, which can lead to poor growth, slurred speech, fatigue, constipation, excess weight, hair loss, dry, thick skin, increased susceptibility to cold, joint and muscle discomfort, heavy or irregular menstruation periods, and depression. Levothyroxine, when used correctly, can help to alleviate these symptoms.
How to Use
- Levothyroxine is available as a tablet and a capsule for oral administration. It's normally taken once a day, 30 minutes to 60 minutes before breakfast, on an empty stomach.
- Because the tablets may become locked in your throat or cause choke or gagging, take them with a full glass of water.
- Crush and mix levothyroxine in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if you're giving it to an infant, child, or adult who can't swallow the tablet. Crushed tablets should only be mixed with water; do not blend with any type of food. This mixture should be given as soon as possible by spoon or dropper.
- Your doctor will most likely begin by giving you a smaller dose of Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg and gradually raise it.
- Hypothyroidism is treated with levothyroxine, although it does not eliminate it. You may not notice a difference in your symptoms for several weeks. Even though you feel healthy, keep taking it. Do not discontinue taking levothyroxine without first consulting your doctor.
Precaution - Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg
- If you're sensitive to levothyroxine, thyroid hormone, other drugs, or any of the components in levothyroxine tablets, inform your doctor immediately.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and OTC medications, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Because many drugs can interact with levothyroxine.
- If you're taking calcium carbonate or ferrous sulphate (an iron supplement), wait at least 4 hours before or after you take levothyroxine to take it.
- If you have adrenal insufficiency, tell your doctor. It's possible that your doctor will advise you not to use it.
- Tell your doctor if you've recently had radiotherapy or if you have diabetes now or in the past. artery hardening, bleeding difficulties, or anemia; porphyria; osteoporosis; disorders of the pituitary gland; any condition that makes swallowing difficult; or kidney, heart, or liver disease.
- If you have pregnancy, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant while receiving Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you are receiving levothyroxine if you need surgery, including dental surgery.
Benefits of Levothyroxin
- Levothyroxine Tablet is a synthetic form of the hormone thyroxine, which is made naturally in your body.
- Hypothyroidism occurs when your body does not create enough thyroxine. Exhaustion, weight gain, and muscle aches are all symptoms of hypothyroidism.
- This medication helps in the removal of these symptoms by restoring your hormone levels to the proper levels. This is a lifetime drug for most people and should not be stopped without consulting your doctor.
- This drug may take some time to function correctly. Regular blood tests may be ordered by your doctor to identify the efficacy of this treatment and to ensure that you are on the proper dosage.
Side Effects of Levothyroxin TabletThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- During the first several months of treatment, hair loss is possible. As your body responds to the drug, this impact is usually quite transitory. Tell your doctor immediately if this effect persists or worsens.
- Remember that your doctor provided Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- Increased perspiration, sensitivity to heat, mental/mood changes, weariness, diarrhea, shaking (tremor), headache, breathlessness, bone pain, easily fractured bones are all major side effects of elevated thyroid hormone levels.
- If you have any of the following symptoms of excessive thyroid hormone levels: chest pain, rapid heartbeat, swollen hands/ankles/feet, or seizures, seek medical care immediately.
Some Tips for Levothyroxin
- Take Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg on empty stomach (in the morning). 60 minute before and 2 hours after receiving this medicine, no food, milk, or tea should be consumed.
- It could require 6 to 8 weeks for the full effect to appear.
- Levothyroxine Tablet can be a lifelong prescription medicine for most people. Do not stop taking it without first consulting your doctor.
- If you develop diarrhea, nervousness, irritability, sleep difficulties, shaking hands, or chest pain, call your doctor. Your dose may need to be adjusted by your doctor.
- Allow at least 4 hours between taking antacids, calcium or iron supplements, or multivitamins to avoid interfering with the medicine's effectiveness.
- Regularly monitor your hormone levels, and let your doctor know if you observe a major change in your body weight. It's possible that the dosage will need to be changed.
- Before switching brands of Levothyroxine Tablet, consult your doctor because not all brands have the same effectiveness.
Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Levothyroxin Tablet 100 mcg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.