Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet
We are one of the leading Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering only the best quality medicine with complete support globally.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Losartan Potasium
Content Losartan (50mg)
Therapeutic Use Treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure), Heart failure & Prevention of heart attack and stroke
What is Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet?Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet is a blood pressure medicine that can be used alone or in addition with other medicines to treat excessive blood pressure. It is also used to reduce the risk of stroke in persons with high blood pressure and left ventricular hypertrophy, a heart ailment (enlargement of the walls of the left side of the heart). This drug is also used to treat high blood pressure and kidney disease in persons with type 2 diabetes. Losartan belongs to the angiotensin II receptor antagonist class of drugs. It works by preventing some natural compounds from tightening blood arteries, allowing blood to flow more freely and the heart to work more efficiently.
How to Use
- Losartan is available as a tablet to be swallowed. It's obtained once or twice a day, both with and without food. Take losartan at the same time(s) every day to help you make sure to take it. Carefully follow the advice on your medication label.
- Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet will most likely be started at a low dose and subsequently increased by your doctor.
- It is a medication that lowers blood pressure but does not eliminate it. Your blood pressure may drop during the 1st week of medication, but you may not realize the full impact of losartan for another 3-6 weeks.
- Even if you feel fine, keep taking it Stopping medication without consulting your doctor is not a smart option.
Precaution - Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to losartan, any other drugs, or any of the substances in losartan tablets, inform your doctor.
- If you are diabetic (high blood sugar) and are taking aliskiren, tell your doctor , your doctor will most likely advise you not to take losartan.
- Tell your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use. Your doctor will need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for side effects.
- If you have or have had had heart problems, kidney illness, or liver disease, tell your doctor.
- If you're breastfeeding, let your doctor know.
- When you stand up too rapidly from a laying position, losartan might produce dizziness, light-headedness, and fainting. When you initially start taking losartan, this is more common. To avoid this issue, slowly rise from your bed, placing your feet on the floor for the first few minutes before standing.
- Diarrhea, vomiting, not taking enough fluids, and excessive sweating can all produce a decrease in blood pressure, which can lead to light-headedness and fainting. Inform your doctor if you have or develop any of these issues during your therapy.
Benefits of Losartan Tablet
In Treatment of high blood pressure (Hypertension)Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet helps your heart pump blood through the body by relaxing blood arteries and making it much easier for it to do so. To be effective, it must be taken on a regular basis as directed. Although you may not see any immediate benefits from taking this prescription, it will help you stay healthy in the long run.
Side Effects of LosartanThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- As your body responds to the medicine, you may experience dizziness or light-headedness. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- When rising gently from a sitting or laying posture, you can limit the danger of dizziness and light-headedness.
- Remember that your doctor provided Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you experience any of the following unlikely adverse effects: fainting, indications of a high potassium blood level, call your doctor immediately.
- It may be used in the prevention of kidney issues or to treat those who already have them, but it can potentially cause or worsen serious kidney problems. While you're on losartan, your doctor will monitor your kidney function. If you see any signs of kidney trouble, such as a change in the quantity of urine, call your doctor.
Some Tips for Using Losartan Tablet
- Take Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet at the same time every day
- For the first several days, it may make you feel dizzy. If you've been seated or lying down for a long time, get up gently.
- Your doctor may order regular blood tests to check your urea, creatine, and potassium levels.
- Avoid taking this medicine with anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen without first consulting your doctor.
- If you have pregnancy or breastfeeding, do not use Losartan Tablet.
- Do not avoid taking it without first consulting your doctor.
Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Losartan Potassium 50 mg Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.