Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg
We are actively engaged as Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Mefenamic Acid Tab
Content Mefenamic Acid (500mg)
Therapeutic Use To relieve mild to moderate pain, including menstrual pain
What is Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg?Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg is a pain reliever that is used to treat mild to moderate pain, such as menstruation discomfort (pain that happens before or during a menstrual period). It is an NSAID, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It works by inhibiting the creation of a chemical that causes pain, heat, and inflammation in the body.
How to Use
- Mefenamic acid is available as a tablet or capsule for oral use. It's normally taken every six hours with food as needed for up to a week.
- Carefully follow the advice on your medication label. Mefenamic acid should be taken exactly as prescribed.
How it WorksMefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg is an anti-inflammatory medication that is not a steroid (NSAID). It works by preventing the release of chemical signals that produce fever, discomfort, and inflammation in the body (redness and swelling).
Precaution - Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg
- If you are sensitive to mefenamic acid, aspirin, or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such ibuprofen and naproxen, any other medicines, or any of the inactive chemicals in mefenamic acid tablets, notify your doctor.
- Inform your doctor about any prescription and OTC medications, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Your doctor may need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a closer eye on you for adverse effects.
- If you have or have ever had any of the following conditions such as asthma, especially if you also have a frequently stuffed or watery nose or nasal polyps (swelling of the inside of the nose); heart problem; swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs; or liver or kidney disease, inform your doctor.
- Inform your doctor or dentist that you are getting mefenamic acid if you are having surgery, especially dental surgery.
- If you have pregnancy, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. If taken at 5 months or later in pregnancy, It can harm the fetus and cause difficulties with delivery. Unless your doctor tells you to, do not use this medication around or after 5 months of pregnancy. Call your doctor when you become pregnant during using Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg.
- If you're 75 or older, consult your doctor about the hazards and advantages of using mefenamic acid. Do not use this medicine for a longer time or at a greater dose than your doctor has prescribed.
Side Effects of MefenamicThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- Nausea, heartburn, dizziness, sleepiness, diarrhoea, and headache are all possible side effects. Notify your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- This drug has the potential to elevate your blood pressure. Regularly monitor your blood pressure and notify your doctor if the readings are too high.
- Fainting, severe headache, hearing problems (ringing in the ears), rapid heartbeat, mood changes, stomach pain, difficulty swallowing, changes in vision, and signs of heart problem (such as unusual tiredness, sudden weight gain) should all be reported to your doctor immediately.
- If you experience any of the following rare but significant side effects: easy bruising/bleeding, indications of infection, unexplained stiff neck, or a change in the amount/color of urine, stop taking it and tell your doctor immediately.
- This medication has a small chance of causing liver damage. Stop taking mefenamic acid and visit your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following rare but significant adverse effects.
Some Tips for Using Mefenamic Acid Tablet
- To avoid an upset stomach, it should be used with food or milk.
- If taken for an extended period of time, it might cause major issues such as gastrointestinal bleeding and kidney problems.
- Mefenamic acid can increase your chances of getting a blood clot, having a heart problem, or having a stroke.
- If you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding, tell your doctor.
- If you've ever been identified with kidney or liver disease, tell your doctor.
Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Mefenamic Acid Tablet 500 mg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.