Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet
We are actively engaged as Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet supplier, manufacturer, and exporter, our wide range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure their effectiveness, safety, and quality on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet
Content Mercaptopurine 50mg
Pack 1*10 Tablets
Therapeutic Use It is used in the treatment of blood cancer
What is Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet?Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet is used alone or in combination with other chemotherapy medicines in the treatment of Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (ALL; also known as acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and acute lymphatic leukaemia; a kind of cancer that starts in the white blood cells). Mercaptopurine belongs to the group of drugs known as purine antagonists. It functions by halting the development of cancer cells.
How Mercaptopurine Tablet Works?Mercaptopurine prevents cancer cells' RNA and DNA from growing by replacing their structural components. It stops the growth and reproduction of cancer cells.
How to Use - Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet
- Mercaptopurine is available as a tablet and liquid suspension for oral use. Typically, it is given once a day. It should be taken every day at about the same time(s). Ask your doctor to clarify any instructions you do not understand, and carefully follow the instructions on your prescription label.
- Mercaptopurine should be taken exactly as prescribed. Never take it in larger or fewer amounts or more frequently than directed by your doctor.
- Despite feeling good, keep taking Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet. Discontinue taking mercaptopurine only after consulting your healthcare expert.
Other Uses of MercaptopurineMercaptopurine tablet is also used in the treatment of some other cancers, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and other conditions. In Crohn's disease, the body attacks the inner layer of the digestive tract, resulting in pain, diarrhoea, weight loss, and fever.
Medical Benefits of Mercaptopurine Tablet
Blood Cancer Treatment,Leukaemia, often known as blood cancer, is a type of cancer that affects the blood-forming tissues and impairs the body's defences against infection. The Mercaptopurine Tablet destroys cancer cells or inhibits their proliferation while also preventing the spread of cancer cells.
Precautions for Mercaptopurine
- If you have an allergy to mercaptopurine, any other drugs, or any of the inert substances in mercaptopurine tablets, let your doctor know right away.
- Inform your doctor about all prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, dietary supplements, and natural remedies you are now taking or intend to use.
- Be sure to let your doctor know if you're nursing a baby or pregnant. The foetus could be harmed by mercaptopurine. If you are taking mercaptopurine, you should not breastfeed.
- During or soon after your treatment, let your doctor or dentist know if you need to have surgery, including dental surgery.
- If you've already taken thioguanine or mercaptopurine to treat your cancer, let your doctor know. If one or both of these treatments have previously failed to effectively treat your cancer, your doctor may advise against taking mercaptopurine.
- Inform your doctor of any infections you may have as well as any liver or kidney problems you may have now or in the past.
- Avoid getting vaccines without first consulting your doctor.
Side Effects of Mercaptopurine TabletMercaptopurine might have undesirable effects. If any of the following symptoms are serious or do not go away, let your doctor know right away:
- Skin turning darker
- Hair fall
- Light skin
- Breathing difficulty
- Any indications of infection, such as a sore throat, fever, or chill.
- Legs, ankles, or foot swelling
- Significant bruising or bleeding
- Eyes or skin that has a yellow tint
- Reduced appetite
- Bloating around the stomach
- Stomach ache in the top right corner
Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Mercaptopurine 50mg Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter in India, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.