Metformin 850 mg Tablet
We are actively engaged as Metformin 850 mg Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Metformin Tablet
Content Metformin (850mg)
Therapeutic Use Treat type 2 diabetes mellitus
What is Metformin 850 mg Tablet?Metformin 850 mg Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes. It can be used alone or in combination with other medications, such as insulin (when the body can not utilize insulin normally and, cannot manage the amount of sugar in the blood). Metformin belongs to a group of medicines known as biguanides. It assists in the regulation of glucose (sugar) levels in the blood. It decreases the quantity of glucose you receive from food as well as the quantity of glucose your liver produces. Metformin also improves your body's reaction to insulin, a natural hormone that regulates blood glucose levels. It is not prescribed for the treatment of diabetes type 1 (when the body does not make insulin and therefore cannot manage the amount of blood sugar)
Precaution for DiabetesPeople with diabetes and high amount of blood sugar can develop significant or life-threatening complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, nerve damage, and vision difficulties over time. Taking medication(s), changing your lifestyle (e.g., diet, exercise, stopping smoking), and monitoring your blood sugar on a regular basis can all help you to control your diabetes and boost your overall health. This treatment may also lower your risk of a heart attack, stroke, or other diabetes-related issues like kidney failure, nerve damage (numb, cold legs or feet; impaired sexual capacity in men and women), eye problems, such as changes or vision problems, or gum disease. Your doctors and other healthcare professionals will discuss the best method to manage your diabetes with you.
How to Use Metformin
- Metformin is available as a liquid, tablet, and long-acting tablet for oral use. The standard tablet is generally taken 2 or 3 times a day with meals. The extended-release tablet is normally taken with dinner once a day. Take metformin at the same time(s) every day to help you continue taking it. Carefully follow the advice on your medication label.
- Metformin extended-release tablets should be swallowed whole, not divided, chewed, or crushed.
- Your doctor may begin you on smaller dosages of Metformin 850 mg Tablet and progressively raise it once every 1–2 weeks or less.
- You'll need to keep a close eye on your blood sugar levels so your doctor can assess how effectively metformin is working.
- Metformin helps to manage diabetes, but it doesn't cure it. Even if you feel fine, keep taking metformin. Do not discontinue taking metformin without first consulting your doctor.
Precaution - Metformin 850 mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to metformin, any of the substances in metformin liquid or pills, or any other drugs, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any other drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're using, both prescription and OTC. Your doctor may need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for side effects.
- If you have a pregnancy, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant during getting metformin.
- If you consume less or move more than usual, notify your doctor. This may have an impact on your blood sugar levels. If this happens, your doctor gives you instructions.
Benefits of Metformin Tablet
In Treatment of the Type 2 diabetesMetformin 850 mg Tablet is a biguanide, which is a type of drug. It works by decreasing glucose synthesis in the liver, slowing sugar (glucose) absorption from the intestines, and boosting the body's insulin sensitivity. Reducing blood glucose levels is an important element of diabetes management. If you can keep your blood sugar under control, you'll be less likely to develop major diabetic complications like kidney damage, eye damage, and nerve difficulties. Regularly taking this prescription medicine, coupled with a nutritious diet and exercise, will enable you to live a normal, healthy life.
Side Effects of MetforminThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- It is possible to have nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea, weakness, or a metallic taste in the mouth. Inform Tell your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided Metformin 850 mg Tablet because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- Metformin normally does not induce low blood sugar. If this medication is taken with other diabetes treatments, low blood sugar may occur. Consult your doctor to see whether the dose of any of your other diabetes medications has to be reduced.
- If you drink a lot of alcohol, do a lot of exercises, or don't eat enough calories, you're more likely to have low blood sugar. Eat meals on a regular schedule and don't skip meals to help avoid low blood sugar. If you miss a meal, talk to your doctor about what you should do.
- Thirst, increased urination, disorientation, tiredness, flushing, fast breathing, and a fruity breath odour are all signs of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
- If you experience this very serious adverse effect, stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
Some tips for using Metformin Tablet
- Metformin 850 mg Tablet has been given for you to help regulate your blood sugar levels and lower your risk for chronic diseases including heart attacks.
- When compared to other diabetic medications, this one has a lower risk of weight gain and low blood sugar.
- When combined with other anti-diabetic medications, alcohol, or postponing or skipping a meal, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) might occur. Carry a source of sugar with you at all times for rapid relief.
- Metformin Tablet may induce lactic acidosis, which is a surplus of lactic acid in the blood. If you feel any deep or speedy breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, or stomach discomfort, contact your doctor immediately.
- Metformin Tablet uses for a long time might cause vitamin B12 deficiency, which can cause weariness, pale complexion, breathing difficulty, and headaches. If you have any of these symptoms, contact your doctor since you may need supplements.
- While you're on this medicine, your doctor will check your sugar levels and kidney function on a regular basis.
Metformin 850 mg Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Metformin 850 mg Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.