Permethrin Lotion 5% w/w
We are one of the leading Permethrin Lotion 5% w/w supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering only the best quality medicine with complete support globally.
Pharmaceutical form External Prepration
Brand Name Permethrin
Content Permethrin Lotion 5% w/w
Therapeutic Use Scabies
What is Permethrin Lotion?Permethrin lotion is used in the treatment of scabies in adults and children aged 2 months and over. Adults and children aged 2 months and older can use OTC permethrin in the treatment of lice (small insects that stick themselves to the skin of the head). Permethrin belongs to the scabicides and pediculicides class of drugs. It works by removing lice and mites from the body.
How to Use Permethrin
- Permethrin is applied to the skin as a lotion or cream. Permethrin is available over-the-counter as a lotion to treat the scalp and hair.
- Permethrin lotion should be applied to the skin, hair, and scalp only. it should not be gotten into your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, or vaginal area. Permethrin should not be used on your brows or eyelashes.
- If permethrin gets into your eyes, immediately flush them with water. If your eyes are still sensitive after washing with water, get medical attention immediately.
Procedures to Apply The Lotion
- Before using permethrin lotion, give it a good shake to ensure that the drug is well distributed.
- Cover your eyes and face with a cloth. Make sure you close your eyes during this therapy. It's possible that you'll need the assistance of an adult to apply the lotion.
- Permethrin lotion should be applied to your hair and scalp. Begin by applying the lotion near your ears and down the back of your neck, then cover your entire head and scalp with it.
- After you've finished applying permethrin, let it on your hair and scalp for at least ten minutes. To keep track of time, use a timer or a clock.
- In a sink, wash your scalp and hair with warm water. Because you don't want the lotion to get all over your body, you shouldn't rinse it away in the shower or bathtub.
- Using a towel, dry your hair and comb out any tangles.
- After applying and rinsing the lotion, you and anyone who assisted you should wash your hands.
- After this treatment, a lice comb can be used to remove dead lice and nits (shell of the empty egg ). You may need to enlist the assistance of an adult to complete this task.
- Repeat this technique if you notice live lice on your scalp for seven days or more following treatment.
Precautions for Permethrin lotion
- If you are sensitive to permethrin, pyrethrins, ragweed, other medicines, or any of the substances in permethrin lotion, tell your doctor immediately.
- Tell your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use.
- If you have a pregnancy, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor.
How it WorksAntiparasitic drug permethrin It works by killing the scabies-causing insects (mites) and their eggs. It also eliminates head lice, which itch your scalp when they stick to it.
Side Effects of Permethrin lotion
- Scabies can cause skin irritation, such as itching, swelling, and redness, which might worsen following treatment with permethrin. It's possible that minor burning or stinging will occur. Notify your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
Some Tips for Permethrin
- Permethrin is a medication used to treat scabies.
- It can also be used to treat lice on the head.
- It should be taken according to your doctor's instructions for dosage and duration.
- If the problem remains after fourteen days of treatment, the doctor may recommend a different treatment.
- Prior to taking a bath or shower, apply a small amount of this medication all over your body and let it on for 8-14 hours.
- It's best not to get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If this happens, quickly rinse with water.
Permethrin lotion SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Permethrin Lotion 5% w/w supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Before using it, let your doctor know if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food, or other substances, or if you have asthma. Though this medicine is generally thought to be safe, you should ask for your doctor’s advice if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.