Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg
We are actively engaged as a Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Phenobarbital
Content Phenobarbital Tablets 100 mg
Therapeutic Use To control seizures
What is Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg?Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg is used in the treatment of seizures. Anxiety is also treated with phenobarbital. It's also used to minimize withdrawal symptoms in patients who are reliant ('addicted'; feel forced to keep taking the medicine) on another barbiturate and are about to stop using it. Barbiturates are a type of drug that includes phenobarbital. It works by reducing brain activity.
How to Use
- Phenobarbital is available as a tablet and a liquid for oral administration. It's commonly taken once or twice a day. Carefully follow the advice on your medication label. Phenobarbital should be taken exactly as prescribed.
- If you continue taking phenobarbital tablets for a long period, your symptoms may not be as well controlled as they were when you first started treatment.
- Phenobarbital can be addictive. Do not take a higher dose, take it more frequently, or take it for longer than your doctor has advised.
- Do not discontinue taking Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg without first consulting your doctor. You may witness withdrawal problems such as anxiety, muscle twitching, weakness, dizziness, seizures, and confusion if you unexpectedly stop taking phenobarbital.
Precaution - Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg
- If you have allergies to phenobarbital, other barbiturates like amobarbital, butabarbital, pentobarbital, or secobarbital, or any of the components in phenobarbital tablets or liquid, inform your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any prescribed and non-prescribed medicine, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Your doctor may need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a closer eye on you for adverse effects.
- If you have or have ever had porphyria (a disorder that causes stomach pain, changes in thinking and behaviour, and other symptoms), any disorder that produces breath shortness, or liver disease, tell your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you currently have or ever had depression, any condition which causes your adrenal gland, or kidney disease; if you have or have ever had pain;
- If you have a pregnancy or planning to become pregnant, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant during taking Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg.
- If you're breastfeeding, let your doctor know. If you breastfeed while undergoing treatment, your infant may be exposed to phenobarbital through your milk.
- If you're 65 or older, speak to a doctor about the drawbacks and advantages of taking phenobarbital.
- It's important to be aware that phenobarbital can reduce the strength of hormonal birth control (birth control pills, injections or implants). Consult your doctor about birth control options that will be best for you while taking phenobarbital.
- Talk to your doctor or dentist that you are receiving phenobarbital if you are getting surgery, including dental surgery.
Side Effects of PhenobarbitalThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- As your body adjusts to the medication, you may experience dizziness, drowsiness, excitation, headache, tiredness, lack of appetite, nausea, or vomiting. Notify your doctor immediately if any of these effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor recommended Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. Many persons who use this medicine have no major adverse effects.
- Anticonvulsants may cause depression, suicidal thoughts, or other mental disorders in a small proportion of persons who take them for any reason.
- If you have any serious side effects, such as stumbling or clumsiness, blurry vision, fast breathing, fainting, sluggish heartbeat, severe tiredness/weakness, or pale complexion, contact your doctor immediately.
Some Tips For Phenobarbital Tablet
- Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg is used to treat and prevent seizures.
- Long-term use could lead to addiction.
- If it stops working properly, consult your doctor. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- It might put you to sleep. Don't drive a vehicle or do anything else that takes mental focus until you've experienced the effects.
- If you experience joint pain or have a record of bone illness, tell your doctor.
- Obtain regular blood tests to keep track of how much medication you're taking.
- If you see a skin rash along with a fever, contact your doctor immediately.
- Do not abruptly stop taking the drug without first consulting your doctor.
Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Phenobarbital Tablet 100 mg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.