Primaquine Phosphate Tablet USP 15 mg
We are actively engaged as a Primaquine Phosphate Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Primaquine Phosphate
Content Primaquine Phosphate Tablets USP 15 mg
Therapeutic Use To prevent relapse of Malaria
What is Primaquine Phosphate Tablet?Primaquine Phosphate Tablet is an anti-malarial drug that is primarily used in the treatment of malaria. The plasmodium parasite causes the disease, which is spread via mosquito bites. The intensity of malaria varies depending on the plasmodium species. Chills, fever, and sweating are common symptoms that appear a few weeks after being bitten. Travellers to malaria-endemic areas are advised to take malaria prevention medicines before, during, and after their journey.
How to Use
- To minimize the risk of stomach discomfort, take this medicine with food. Take it all in at once.
- It should not be chewed, crushed, or broken. Even though you feel better, do not miss any doses and complete the entire course of treatment.
- Stopping it too soon can lead to therapeutic failure and worsen adverse effects. To make up for a missing dose, do not use a double dose. Use the next dose as scheduled.
Precaution - Primaquine Phosphate Tablet
- If you have allergies to Primaquine, tell your doctor before taking Primaquine Phosphate Tablet.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should use this medicine with caution.
- Patients with heart disease, liver illness, or kidney disease should avoid taking Primaquine tablets.
- Diabetes patients should take this medication with care.
- It is not indicated for usage in people with systemic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus erythematosus who are critically unwell. In such circumstances, the quantity of granulocytes drops dramatically.
- Primaquine is also not suggested if you are taking a drug that has a negative effect of altering bone marrow cells, which might induce anaemia or immune system suppression.
- If you are using Quinacrine or any other combination medicine that contains quinacrine, you should not take this medicine (anti-malarial drug).
- Pregnancy should be avoided while in therapy. Even if symptoms improve or disappear, it is essential that you take this prescription for the whole prescribed time. If this is not done, drug resistance may develop.
Benefits of Primaquine Phosphate
- Primaquine Phosphate Tablet is an anti-malarial drug that is primarily used in the treatment of malaria.
- It works by raising blood levels of haeme, a chemical that is harmful to the malarial parasite. The parasite is killed, and the infection is prevented from spreading.
- It is used to prevent the relapse of malaria caused by the parasite plasmodium vivax and plasmodium ovale strains. Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia can also be treated with this tablet in conjunction with clindamycin (PCP).
Side Effects of Primaquine TabletThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- Nausea, vomiting, disorientation, stomach discomfort, and abdominal cramps are all possible side effects. Ask your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor recommended Primaquine Phosphate Tablet because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. Many persons who use this medicine have no major adverse effects.
- Signs of severe infection (high fever, extreme chills, persistent sore throat), indications of a sudden loss of red blood cells, and signs of a specific blood problem should all be reported to your doctor immediately.
- If you experience any of the following rare but dangerous adverse effects: rapid heartbeat, extreme dizziness, or fainting, get medical attention immediately.
Some Tips for Using It
- For reduced stomach irritation, take Primaquine Phosphate Tablet with meals.
- If patients are taking Primaquine at high doses for longer periods of time, they must have their eyes examined before starting and at 3–6 monthly intervals during treatment.
- It may result in low blood sugar. If you have diabetes, keep track of your blood sugar levels on a regular basis.
- When you use Primaquine Phosphate Tablet for a long time, your doctor may examine the levels of different blood cells in your blood on a regular basis.
Primaquine Phosphate Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Primaquine Phosphate Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.