Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule
We are actively engaged as Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Capsule
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Spironolactone 25mg
Content Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule
Therapeutic Use Hypertension (high blood pressure), Edema, Low potassium & Heart failure
What is Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule?Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of hyperaldosteronism (when the body produces too much of the hormone aldosterone), low potassium levels, heart problems, and edema (fluid retention) triggered by a number of illnesses, including liver or kidney disease. It is also used in the treatment of high blood pressure, either alone or in combination with other drugs. Spironolactone belongs to a group of drugs known as aldosterone receptor antagonists. It induces the kidneys to excrete excess water and salt from the body through the urine while reducing potassium loss.
How to Use Spironolactone
- Spironolactone is available as a pill, capsule, or suspension for oral use. It is often taken once or twice daily.
- It should be taken at about the same time(s) every day. Carefully follow the advice on your medication label.
- It may be started at a low dose and gradually increased by your doctor.
- Spironolactone capsules, tablets and suspension release the drug in your body in distinct ways and cannot be used interchangeably. Do not change to a different spironolactone product until your doctor advises.
- This medication treats hypertension, edema, heart failure, and hyperaldosteronism, although it does not cure them. It may take up to two weeks or longer for it to achieve full action.
- Even though you feel Fine, keep taking Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule. Do not stop accepting it without consulting your doctor first.
Precaution - Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule
- If you have an allergy to spironolactone, any other drugs, or any of the substances in spironolactone capsule, notify your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any prescribed and non-prescribed medicines, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use.
- If you have Addison's disease or any other condition that can produce excessive potassium levels in the blood, or if you have kidney disease, tell your doctor. Your doctor may advise against taking spironolactone capsule.
- If you have liver disease, notify your doctor.
- If you have a pregnancy, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant during taking spironolactone.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you are getting spironolactone capsule when you are having surgery, including dental surgery.
- When you get up too rapidly from a supine position while taking this drug, you may have dizziness, light-headedness, and fainting.
Benefit of Spironolactone
In High Blood Pressure,
- Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule works by eliminating extra water and salt from your body, lowering blood pressure and making it easier for your heart to flow blood throughout your body, lowering your risk of heart attack or stroke.
- This medication is usually taken in conjunction with other blood pressure medications. You may not notice any immediate benefits from taking this prescription, but it will keep you healthy in the long run. Even though you feel better, you should take it as directed to get the greatest benefit from this prescription.
In EdemaYour body retains too much water, which causes edema. By raising the amount of urine produced, the Spironolactone capsule aids in the removal of excess water and electrolytes from the body. This allows your body to expel excess water, reducing symptoms including breathlessness and swelling in your arms, legs, or belly. As a result, you can go about your everyday tasks with greater ease. To get the most out of it, take it on a regular basis and make necessary lifestyle adjustments.
In Low potassiumSpironolactone capsules keep your potassium levels from falling too low by preventing your body's absorbing too much salt and removing excess water.
In Heart failure
- Your heart is failing because it can't pump sufficient blood to the lungs and the entire body. Breathlessness, weariness, and swelling in your legs, ankles, abdomen and other regions of your body are the most prevalent symptoms.
- Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule will help relieve stress and more energetic by reducing your symptoms. To help this treatment work, you should make the appropriate lifestyle modifications (such as eating healthy and being active). Take it on a regular basis, even though you feel better.
Side Effects - Spironolactone CapsuleThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're concerned about them, see your doctor.
- It is possible to have drowsiness, dizziness, stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or headache. Get up gently while moving from a seated or lying posture to avoid light-headness.
- Remember that your doctor provided Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you experience any serious side effects, such as persistent nausea/vomiting, increased thirst, signs of kidney problems, mood changes, unexpected weakness, muscle spasms, menstrual period changes, breast pain, breast enhancement (gynecomastia) in men, or sexual function problems, contact your doctor immediately.
- This drug, especially in people with kidney difficulties, might cause elevated potassium levels. High potassium levels can be harmful if not handled. If you have any of the significant side effects, contact your doctor immediately
Some Tips for using Spironolactone
- For the first several days, it may make you feel dizzy. Do not drive or perform any other tasks that need concentration until you have determined how Spironolactone capsule affect you.
- It has the potential to raise your blood potassium levels. Potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods like bananas and broccoli should be avoided.
- While you're taking this medication, your doctor will monitor your kidney function and the level of potassium in your blood.
- If you develop dizziness, diarrhea, vomiting, a rapid or irregular heartbeat, swelling in your feet, or difficulty breathing, call your doctor.
- Spironolactone capsule can cause breast soreness and swelling, as well as irregular periods in women and sexual performance issues.
- If you have a pregnancy, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding, tell your doctor.
Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Spironolactone 25 mg Capsule supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
You should be careful about using Aldactone Tablet if you have kidney problems or are unable to urinate. Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney, liver or heart disease or are pregnant. Also let your healthcare team know about all other medications you are using as they may affect, or be affected by this medicine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine. While using this medicine, you may be advised to limit your intake of salt or salt substitutes, and you should have your blood pressure checked frequently. Some other tests like kidney function (e.g., creatinine) and potassium levels will be done to monitor your progress.