We are one of the leading Zidovudine Tablet supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering only the best quality medicine with complete support globally.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Zidovudine Tablet
Content Zidovudine (300mg)
Therapeutic Use To treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
What is Zidovudine Tablet?Zidovudine Tablet is used along with other medicine, in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. HIV-positive pregnant women are given zidovudine tablet to lower the risk of infection spreading to the baby. Zidovudine belongs to a group of drugs known as nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). It works by lowering HIV levels in the bloodstream. While zidovudine does not eliminate HIV, it can reduce your risk of acquiring AIDS and HIV-related diseases such severe infections or cancer. These drugs, together with safer sex practices and other lifestyle modifications, may reduce the risk of transferring the HIV virus to others.
Zidovudine Tablet - How To Use
- Zidovudine is available as a capsule, tablet, or syrup for oral use. Adults take it twice a day, while infants and children take it 2 or 3 times a day. Zidovudine can be given to infants as early as 6 weeks old every 6 hours. Zidovudine tablet can be taken up to five times a day by pregnant women. Follow the advice on your medicine label carefully, and if there is anything you don't understand, ask your doctor to clarify it to you. Consume zidovudine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more or less of it, or take it more frequently than your doctor has suggested.
- Zidovudine is an antiretroviral drug that prevents HIV infection but does not remove it. Even if you feel fine, keep taking zidovudine tablet. Your disease may become harder to manage if you skip doses or stop accepting zidovudine tablet.
- In some cases, zidovudine tablet is combined with other drugs to treat HIV infection in healthcare professionals and others who have come into contact with HIV-infected blood, tissues, or other body fluids. Consult your doctor about the dangers of using this medication for your condition.
Zidovudine Tablet- PrecautionsBefore taking Zidovudine Tablet
- If you are sensitive to zidovudine, any other drugs, or any of the other substances in zidovudine tablet, inform your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor about any additional prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or nutraceuticals you're taking or planning to use. Make a point of mentioning one or more of the following: Doxorubicin, ganciclovir, interferon alfa, ribavirin, and stavudine are cancer chemotherapy drugs. Your doctor will need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for side effects.
- If you have or have ever experienced kidney problems, notify your doctor.
- You should be aware that body fat loss from your face, legs, and arms is possible. If you observe this change, talk to your doctor.
- You should be aware that when taking HIV drugs, your immune system may become stronger and start to fight other infections already present in your body. It's possible that you'll experience symptoms of those infections as a result of this. Tell your doctor if you develop new or severe symptoms after starting zidovudine treatment.
How Zidovudine Tablet WorksZidovudine is a type of antiviral drug. It stops viruses from multiplying in human cells. This prevents the virus from multiplying and clears your infection.
Zidovudine Tablet - Side Effects
- It's possible that you'll get headaches, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, or a loss of appetite. Notify your doctor right away if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you experience any major side effects, such as mental/mood problems, easy bruising/bleeding, or skin/fingernail colour changes, contact your doctor straight once.
- While using this drug, you may have a loss of body fat (particularly in the face, arms, legs, and buttocks). This impact could last a long time. If you detect any changes in physical fat.
- As your immune system strengthens, it may be able to fight off previous infections, leading disease symptoms to resurface. If your immune system gets overactive, you may have symptoms. If you have any serious symptoms, such as unexplained weight loss, severe tiredness, muscle aches/weakness that doesn't go away, headaches do not go away, joint stiffness, numbness/tingling of the hands/feet/arms/legs, vision problems, indications of infection, indications of an overactive thyroid. Unsteadiness, in-coordination, difficulty swallowing/speaking/chewing, and trouble moving your eyes are all symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response seek medical treatment right once.
- Contact your doctor if you have any other side effects not listed above.
Zidovudine Tablet - Some Tips For Use
- It is used to treat HIV infections in conjunction with other medications.
- Consume it with food to improve the medicine's absorption into the body.
- Zidovudine tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Do not drive or do anything else that requires attention until you have a better understanding of how it affects you.
- While taking this medication, you may still acquire infections or other symptoms related with viral infection.
- You can also infect others with HIV or HBV. Don't exchange needles or other personal objects that could contain blood or bodily fluids.
- Regular blood tests are required during therapy and for at least 6 months after quitting this medicine to evaluate your liver function, hepatitis B virus level, and blood cells in your blood.
Zidovudine Tablet SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Zidovudine Tablet supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.