Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg
Healthiza is counted as a leading Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering the best quality pharmaceutical medicine with fast and secure global shipping.
Pharmaceutical form Capsule
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Omeprazole
Content Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg
Therapeutic Use Treatment of Heartburn, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (Acid reflux), Peptic ulcer disease
What is Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg?Omeprazole capsule 20 mg is used alone or combined with other medicines in the treatment of the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease and frequent heartburn, a condition in which the backward flow of acid from the stomach causes heartburn and possible injury of the oesophagus (tube between the throat and stomach) in adults and children of 1 year age and more. It is used to allow the oesophagus to recover and avoid any damage. Omeprazole is used in the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a disorder in which the stomach produces too much acid. It's also used to treat adult ulcers (sores in the stomach or gut lining). Omeprazole is a type of proton-pump inhibitor. It reduces the quantity of acid produced in the stomach.
How to use Omeprazole
- Omeprazole is available as a delayed-release (releases the medicine in the intestine to avoid stomach acids breaking it down) capsule, granules for suspension, and tablets.
- When used in the treatment of symptoms in which the stomach generates too much acid, Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg is normally taken once a day before a meal, although it can be taken up to three times a day before meals.
- Completely swallow the delayed-release capsules. Put 1 tablespoon of soft, cool applesauce in an empty bowl if you have trouble swallowing it. Open the capsule and carefully pour out all of the grains into the applesauce. Dissolve the granules with the applesauce and drink a glass of cool water as soon as possible.
- You may not experience the full advantage of the drug for 1 to 4 days. If your symptoms worsen or do not resolve after 14 days, or if they recur earlier than four months after you stop your therapy, contact your doctor.
- Without consulting your doctor, do not use nonprescription omeprazole for more than fourteen days or medicate yourself with omeprazole more than once every four months.
- Even if you feel Fine, keep taking your prescription omeprazole. Do not discontinue taking omeprazole without first consulting your doctor.
Precaution - Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg
- If you have allergies to omeprazole, dexlansoprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole, or any of the substances in the omeprazole medication you will be taking, notify your doctor.
- If you're on rilpivirine, let your doctor know. If you are taking this drug, your doctor will usually tell you not to use omeprazole.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and nutraceuticals you're taking or planning to take. Your doctor will need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for side effects.
- If you wanted to take nonprescription omeprazole, notify your doctor if you've had heartburn for more than three months or if you've used nonprescription omeprazole for longer than the packaging suggests.
How it WorksOmeprazole Capsule 20 mg is a type of proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by lowering the quantity of acid in the stomach, so relieving acid indigestion and heartburn.
Side Effects for OmeprazoleThe majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're concerned about them, see your doctor.
- It's possible that you'll have a headache or stomach pain. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- If your doctor has advised you to use this product, keep in mind that he or she has determined that the benefit to you outweighs the risk of side effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- If you have any serious side effects, such as low magnesium blood level or evidence of lupus (rash on nose and cheeks, new or worsening joint pain). Contact your doctor immediately.
- Due to a bug called C. difficile, this medicine may induce severe intestinal disease in certain people. This condition can develop during therapy or weeks or months after it has ended.
- If you have these problems, avoid taking anti-diarrhoea or opioid medications because they may increase them.
Some Tips for Using Omeprazole Capsule
- It is a well-tolerated drug that provides long-term comfort.
- If you have watery diarrhoea, a fever, or persistent stomach pain, contact your doctor.
- Do not stop using your prescription medicine without first consulting your doctor.
- If you don't feel better after 14 days, consult your doctor because you could be suffering from another problem that needs care.
- Omeprazole used for a long time can result in weak bones and a mineral shortage, such as magnesium. Take calcium and magnesium supplements or calcium and magnesium supplements as directed by your doctor.
- If you experience decreased urination, oedema, lower back discomfort, nausea, exhaustion, or a rash or fever, see your doctor immediately. These symptoms could indicate kidney disease.
Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Omeprazole Capsule 20 mg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.