Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg
Healthiza is counted as a leading Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering the best quality pharmaceutical medicine with fast and secure global shipping.
Pharmaceutical form Tablet
Category Prescription Medicine
Brand Name Pantoprazole
Content Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg
Therapeutic Use To treat damage from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
What is Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg?Pantoprazole tablet 40 mg is used in the treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), a disorder in which backward passage of acid from the stomach produces heartburn and may cause injury to the oesophagus (tube connecting the throat and stomach) in adults and children aged 5 and above. It is a medication used to help the oesophagus repair and prevent future damage in adults with GERD. It's also used to treat disorders like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome in adults, when the stomach generates too much acid. Pantoprazole belongs to the proton-pump inhibitor class of drugs. It reduces the quantity of acid produced in the stomach.
How to use Pantoprazole
- Pantoprazole is available as a delayed-release tablet and granules to taken by mouth. It is commonly given twice a day to treat problems where the stomach produces too much acid. The delayed-release tablets can be taken with or without meals.
- Every day, take pantoprazole at the same time(s). Follow the medication as directed exactly. Do not use more or less of it, or take it more frequently or for a longer amount of time than your doctor has suggested.
- Do not Split, chew, or crush the tablets, swallow as whole. If the Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg prescribed by your doctor is too large for you to swallow, instead, ask your doctor to provide two 20 mg tablets.
- Even though you feel Fine, keep taking pantoprazole. Do not stop accepting it without first consulting your doctor.
Precaution - Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg
- If you have an allergy to pantoprazole, dexlansoprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole, or any of the components in pantoprazole tablets, notify your doctor.
- If you're on rilpivirine, let your doctor know. If you are taking this medicine, your doctor will likely tell you not to use pantoprazole.
- If you have pregnancy, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, tell your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant during taking pantoprazole.
- Tell your doctor about any prescribed and non-prescribed medicine, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Your doctor may need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for adverse effects.
- Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had a low rate of magnesium, calcium, or potassium in your blood; hypoparathyroidism, or low amounts of vitamin B12 in your body.
- If you're 70 or older, consult a doctor about the drawbacks and advantages of taking pantoprazole tablet. Do not use this medication for any longer than your doctor has prescribed.
How it worksPantoprazole inhibits the proton pump (PPI). It works by lowering the quantity of acid in the stomach, which improves indigestion and heartburn caused by acid. Side Effects of Pantoprazole Tablet The majorities of side effects are minor and will go away as your body adapts to the medication. If they don't go away or you're worried about them, see your doctor.
- There may be a headache or diarrhea. Tell your doctor right away if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor recommended Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. Many persons who use this medicine have no major adverse effects.
- If you have any significant side effects, such as signs of a low magnesium blood level, or evidence of lupus, contact your doctor immediately
- This medicine can induce a severe intestinal infection called C. difficile in certain people. This condition can develop through treatment or weeks or months after it has ended. If you have persistent diarrhea, abdomen or stomach pain, fever, or blood/mucus in your stool, call your doctor immediately.
- If you have these signs, avoid taking anti-diarrhea or opioid medications because they may worsen them.
- Proton pump inhibitors (such as pantoprazole) have occasionally been linked to vitamin B-12 insufficiency. If you take them every day for a long time, the risk increases (3 years or longer). If you start showing symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency, contact your doctor immediately.
Some Tips for Using
- Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg should be consumed one hour before eating, ideally first thing in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated drug that provides long-term comfort.
- If you have watery diarrhoea, a fever, or persistent stomach pain, contact your doctor.
- If you don't feel better after 14 days, consult your doctor because you could be suffering from another problem that need care.
- Long-term utilisation Pantoprazole can result in brittle bones and a lack of nutrients like magnesium. Take calcium and magnesium supplements or calcium and magnesium supplements as directed by your doctor.
- Do not avoid taking your prescription without first consulting your doctor.
- If you experience decreased urine, edema (swelling caused by fluid retention), lower back discomfort, nausea, exhaustion, or a rash or fever, see your doctor straight immediately. These symptoms could indicate a renal disease.
- Avoid carbonated drinks, citrus juices, fried foods, and caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee in excess.
- Alcohol and smoking should be avoided.
- Eat early before going to bed or late at night.
Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Pantoprazole Tablet 40 mg supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.