Palonosetron HCL Injection
We are one of the leading Palonosetron HCL Injection supplier, manufacturer and exporter, offering only the best quality medicine with complete support globally.
Pharmaceutical form Injection
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Palonosetron HCL Injection
Content Palonosetron .25mg/5ml
Therapeutic Use To prevent nausea and vomiting that is caused by cancer medicines (chemotherapy)
What is Palonosetron HCL Injection?Palonosetron HCL Injection is used to prevent the symptoms of nausea and vomiting that can develop after cancer chemotherapy or surgery within the first 24 hours. It's also used to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting that can happen several days after getting certain chemotherapy drugs. Palonosetron hcl injection belongs to a group of drugs known as 5-HT3 receptor antagonists. It works by preventing serotonin, a natural chemical that can trigger nausea and vomiting, from acting.
Palonosetron HCL Injection - How To Use
- Palonosetron HCl Injection is given as a liquid solution that is given intravenously (into a vein) by a health professional in a hospital or clinic.
- Palonosetron is normally administered as a single dose about half an hour before chemotherapy begins to prevent nausea and vomiting produced by chemotherapy.
- Palonosetron HCL Injection may be given before each treatment cycle if you are getting more than one course of chemotherapy. Palonosetron is normally administered as a single dose soon before surgery to avoid nausea and vomiting produced by the procedure.
Palonosetron HCL Injection - PrecautionsBefore using Palonosetron HCL Injection
- If you are allergic to palonosetron, alosetron, dolasetron, granisetron, ondansetron, or any of the chemicals in palonosetron injection, notify your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor about any prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and herbal products you're using or planning to use. Mention fentanyl, lithium, and migraine medications like almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, and zolmitriptan; methylene blue; mirtazapine; monoamine oxidase inhibitors like isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, and tranylcypro Your doctor will need to modify your prescription dosages or keep a closer eye on you for adverse effects.
- If you have or have ever had a medical problem, notify your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor when you become pregnant while getting palonosetron hcl injection.
Palonosetron HCL Injection - Side Effects
- The site of injection may experience pain, redness, or edoema. It's also possible to get a headache, constipation, or diarrhoea. Tell your doctor right away if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
- Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- This medicine may produce an increase in serotonin, which can lead to a dangerous illness known as serotonin syndrome/toxicity. If you take additional drugs that raise serotonin, your risk increases, so inform your doctor about everything you're taking (see Drug Interactions section). If you have any of the following symptoms: racing heart, hallucinations, lack of coordination, severe dizziness, severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhoea, twitching muscles, unexplained fever, extreme agitation/restlessness, get medical attention immediately once.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, such as a rash, itching/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat), extreme dizziness, or problems breathing, seek medical treatment right once.
- Contact your doctor if you have any other side effects not listed above.
Palonosetron HCL Injection SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Palonosetron HCL Injection supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.