We are actively engaged as Adriamycin Injection supplier, manufacturer and exporter, our range of pharma products are tested by experts to assure its effectiveness on various parameters.
Pharmaceutical form Injection
Category Anti Cancer
Brand Name Adriamycin Injection
Content Doxorubicin (Plain) (50mg)
Therapeutic Use To treat Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and certain types of leukemia
What is Adriamycin Injection?Adriamycin is used in combination with other medications to treat certain types of cancer, including bladder, breast, lung, stomach, and ovarian cancer; Hodgkin's lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease) and non-lymphoma Hodgkin's (cancer that starts in immune system cells); and leukaemia (cancer of the white blood cells), including acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) and acute myeloid leukaemia (AML (AML, ANLL). Adriamycin injection is also used in the treatment of various types of thyroid cancer and soft tissue or bone sarcomas, both alone and in combination with other drugs (cancer that forms in muscles and bones). It's also used to treat Wilms' tumour and neuroblastoma (a cancer that starts in nerve cells and affects mostly youngsters) (a type of kidney cancer that occurs in children). Adriamycin belongs to the anthracycline class of drugs. It works by reducing or preventing cancer cell development in the body.
Adriamycin Injection - How To Use
- Adriamycin is available as a liquid solution or a powder that must be mixed with liquid before being injected intravenously (into a vein) by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Given every 21 to 28 days on average. Treatment duration is determined by the drugs you are receiving, how well your body reacts to them, and the form of cancer you have.
- Adriamycin is also occasionally used to treat cancers of the uterus, endometrium (uterine lining), and cervix (uterine opening). Prostate cancer (cancer of the male reproductive organ); pancreatic cancer; adrenocortical cancer (cancer of the adrenal glands); liver cancer; Kaposi's sarcoma (a type of bone cancer) associated with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS); Ewing's sarcoma (a type of bone cancer) in children; mesothelioma (cancer of the chest or abdomen lining); multiple myeloma (a (CLL; a type of cancer of the white blood cells).
Adriamycin Injection - PrecautionsBefore taking Adriamycin Injection
- If you're allergic to Adriamycin, daunorubicin (Cerubidine, DaunoXome), epirubicin (Ellence), idarubicin (Idamycin), any other drugs, or any of the components in Adriamycin Injection, notify your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutraceuticals, or herbal products you're taking or planning to use. Your doctor will need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a close eye on you for side effects. Other medications may interact with Adriamycin, so make sure to notify your doctor about all of your prescriptions, even if they aren't on this list.
- If you have or have previously had any other medical conditions, notify your doctor.
- You should be aware that Adriamycin injection has the potential to disrupt a woman's natural menstrual cycle (period) and to impair sperm production in men. You should not, however, presume that you will be unable to conceive or that you will be unable to conceive someone else. Pregnant ladies or breastfeeding should inform their doctors before starting this medication. While getting Adriamycin injections, you should not have to be pregnant or breast-feed. Call your doctor when you become pregnant while taking Adriamycin injection. To avoid pregnancy, use a dependable birth control method. The foetus may be harmed by Adriamycin.
- Don't get any immunizations without first consulting your doctor.
Adriamycin Injection - BenefitsAdriamycin Injection assists in the treatment of some cancers. It can be used to treat cancer in many places of the body alone or in conjunction with other medications. Adriamycin Injection destroys or slows the growth of cancer cells while also preventing them from multiplying. It's a powerful and poisonous medicine, so talk to your doctor about the dangers and advantages. While undergoing this treatment, you should avoid consuming alcohol and drink enough of water to stay hydrated.
How Adriamycin Injection worksAdriamycin Injection is a cancer-fighting drug. It acts by inhibiting the action of a protein called topoisomerase II, which is important in cancer cell DNA multiplication. It also produces dangerous molecules (free radicals) that damage DNA. Cancer cells' growth is slowed, and they finally die as a result.
Adriamycin Injection - Side Effects
- Vomiting, allergic reactions, nausea, mouth sores, and hair loss are the most prevalent side effects of this medication. Tell your doctor know if these irritate you or appear to be serious. It's possible that they can be reduced or prevented. It is known to lower the quantity of blood cells in your blood, making you more vulnerable to infections. During treatment with this medicine, regular blood tests are required to verify your blood cells, as well as kidney, liver, and heart function.
- Adriamycin injection can cause your urine, tears, and perspiration to have a reddish tint. This impact can occur within hours of treatment and can linger for several days. This is a common side effect of the medication and should not be confused with blood in the urine.
- Remember that your doctor provided this medication because he or she believes the advantage to you exceeds the risk of adverse effects. The majority of people who take this medicine do not have any substantial adverse effects.
- It's possible that you'll get painful sores on your lips, mouth, and throat. Limit hot foods and drinks, clean your teeth properly, avoid mouthwash with alcohol, and rinse your mouth frequently with cool water to reduce the risk.
- This medicine rarely causes a severe allergic reaction. However, if you detect any symptoms of a major allergic response, such as a rash, itching/swelling (particularly of the face/tongue/throat), extreme dizziness, or problems breathing, seek medical treatment right once.
- Contact your doctor if you have any other side effects not listed above.
Adriamycin Injection - Some Tips For Use
- Adriamycin Injection is administered as a venous injection under the guidance of a specialist.
- Do not miss any doses and follow your doctor's instructions to the letter.
- To avoid pregnancy while using this drug, use an effective birth control technique.
- Regular blood tests may be ordered by your doctor to examine your electrolytes, liver function, and blood cell count.
- Fever, chills, trouble breathing, and swelling of the face or lips should all be reported to your doctor.
Adriamycin Injection SupplierHealthiza is one of the leading Adriamycin Injection supplier and manufacturer, offering the best quality medicine globally through a validated cold chain secure shipment process. We use this process to manufacture, store and deliver medicines at a very specific temperature. Customers can avail of this premium quality pharma product at an affordable price from us.
Information for the patient
Read the package leaflet for indications, contraindications, side effects, dosage as well as information on the use of this product, or consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. Misusing medicines may be dangerous to your life or health.